Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Almost there...

I decided to spend the night at Henry's Lake State Park in Island Park, ID about 20 miles outside Yellowstone.  I had no services last night and I really wanted a shampoo and a long shower.   Especially after my stop to wash the RV; I just happened to see a car wash with an outdoor shower so I pulled in to get the bugs that were plastered all over the front off!  Yuk!  However, I ended up getting soaked to the skin in the process and a bit grimy too.


This place is fantastic--unbelievable!   This is the approach overlooking the lake and campground.  On arrival at the guardhouse, a woman about my age gave Cassie a dog biscuit and signed me in.  Ranger Janine and I chatted and found we had MUCH in common.  Her husband is disabled with cancer and she wants to get a small moho and travel after he passes away.  We chatted for about 15 min as the campground is "off season" and not busy.



Here is my site nosed out to the lake.  Ranger Janine gave me the best site in the campground!   It is very windy and there are whitecaps on the lake.  It's 66 degrees and feels wonderful.  I have water and electric HU.

If the wind dies down tonight, I'll use some of my Tahoe wood and make a campfire. 






I stopped at Walmart on the way for last minute provisions, ice and "granny gear" ie warm outdoor clothing.   Also extra wine.   Do you think the tag on the face mask makes a fashion statement?





It's hard to believe I have free wifi, but take a peek at this!  Wow--out in the middle of NOWHERE!


That's all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment